Sunday, August 26, 2012

You Just Never Know...

So here are a couple of stories about how you should take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself...

A Spanish Wedding...

So on Friday my friend Mariana and I had planed to go the prado museum at 6pm because it is free then. We showed up right at 6 and saw the line around the building. Being that I am not a huge fan of museums or lines, we decided to keep exploring. We saw a church up the hill and walked toward it. We saw people sitting around it and a priest atop the stairs with a red carpet on it. So who was he waiting for?? A few days ago I said to myself, it would be cool to go to a Spanish wedding but how would that happen give that I have about 3 acquaintances here. Well a black Mercedes pulled up and out came a bride! We then see tourists going in the church after she went in. Mariana and I decided well if they are going in, then so are we! We took a seat in the back and watched the wedding mass, all Catholic and in Spanish so I was a little lost but got the gist given that I've been to a few weddings in my day. The groom was English so there was a bagpiper too which just put the icing on the cake! I was very excited to have this culture experience.





New Amigos :-)

I loved that my rum and coke came in a goblet glass and the lovely decor of this bar
So back in June, I got invited to a Melia Hotel luncheon in San Diego via my work email. I had no idea how I got invited but I saw that there were going to be people from Spain there so I thought hey why not, maybe I could meet someone from Madrid. There were two hotel representatives from Madrid and I told them about about my plans to visit Madrid for two months. One of them, Miguel, offered to take me out and show me around so I emailed him last week to let him know I was here. So last night Mariana and I went out with him and his friends. We grabbed tappas and drinks with his friends and then hit up some bars and small clubs. It was so fun, and great to hang out with locals.
Each place we went to was totally different so it was great to see the variety of places here.

No comments:

Post a Comment